We proudly serve the pets ofHamburg, NY and beyond.
We are always happy to help answer any questions you may have!
What are your hours?
- Mon-Fri: 7 am – 7 pm
- Sat-Sun: 8 am – 5 pm
How can I schedule an appointment for my pet?
What vaccines do you require?
- Dogs Require: Rabies, Distemper (vaccine or 1-year Titer), and Bordetella.
- If any vaccines are expired they must be updated at least 24-48hours before their scheduled check-in time or 7 days prior if they have never received the required vaccine. If your pets’ vaccines are to expire while they are in our care they must be updated before check-in. There are no exceptions to this rule; it is for the safety of all the pets in our care.
What can I bring from home?
- You can bring beds, blankets, t-shirts, or pillows that smell like home for them. We ask that they be washable in case of any accidents, sickness, or dirt.
- Please provide your dog’s meals in serving-size, sealed, ziplock or sandwich bags with an extra day’s worth of food(in case food becomes soiled). *It’s recommended to bring their own food so there aren’t any upset tummies from a change in diet.*
- Most toys, bones, and chews are fine; however, we do not allow rawhides or raw bones. If your pet enjoys de-stuffing toys we may remove them and store it in their cubby until they go home.
What if my pet is on medications?
- No worries, our team members are trained to give medications whether they are liquid, pill, or injectable. We ask that they come in their original labeled bottles and a medication sheet will need to be filled out for each stay. We have a few restrictions on the medications we will take; a manager or supervisor will be happy to answer any questions you have.
What happens if my pet becomes sick during their stay?
- We have policies and procedures in place for any such occasion. We will always try our best to contact you before making any decision on seeking veterinary attention unless it is an emergency case where it is in the pet’s best interest to see a veterinarian immediately.
- If your pet needs immediate emergency care, we are affiliated with Village Veterinary Clinic and will use this hospital.
What is a typical day for our guests?
- Our canine friends will receive their morning potty walk between 6:00 am – 7:00 am. In-suite dining is served during this time along with morning medicines (if needed). During the morning hours, daily turn-down service will be completed for all overnight guests. Our daycare hours run between 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Research has shown that dogs need rest periods and downtime throughout the day. In our experience, we find different dogs enjoy multiple friends, temperaments and duration of play and that is why we take the cues from the dogs about how long they want to play with their friends. Even though the dogs are on vacation, we have found that some dogs like to have days of relaxation and days of play. That is why playtime is broken up into shorter periods of time to give your dog the best experience possible when they stay and play with us! Trust us when we say that we are doing what is best for your dog and other dogs in our care! Dogs not attending daycare and who choose to have one on one time with a staff member involves playing with your pooch, or snuggling with them, enrichment activities, puzzle mats, fetch and more. Don’t fret if your dog is not interested in either; your beloved pet will have multiple potty walks in our fenced in play yard throughout the day. In-suite dining begins around 5:00 pm along with potty breaks. Any of our overnight guests that sign up for a “good night snuggle “ or a “brush out” will receive them between the hours of 6 pm – 8 pm. All overnight guests will receive their final potty walk between the hours of 9:00 pm-10:00 pm.
What services do you provide?
What type of pets do you see?
At Resorts Boarding and Play, we provide service for both cats and dogs, however, we do not do boarding for cats (dogs only).
What other perks do you offer while my pets are enjoying themselves at Resorts Boarding & Play?
- For our boarding as well as our daycare guests we have a Kookies-n-Kong treat and a Doggie Sundae that can be added onto their day for a little extra spoiling.
- We also have the Canine Cantina Waterpark complete with a bone-shaped dog pool and sprinklers!
- We have enrichment activities for our 1 on 1 guest (puzzles, snuffle mats, etc.) with a staff member.
- We love to have fun during the major holidays and offer a holiday party package. This includes a picture, treats, something special to take home, and a sundae while with us.
- For all boarding guests a“good night” treat.
- For all boarding guests, a “good night snuggle “or a “brush out” before the lights go down at bedtime.
What if I don't want to bring my pet's own bedding?
- We provide blankets and raised cots in every suite for your pet’s comfort. All laundry and cots are disinfected between guests to ensure cleanliness. We can remove the cot and/or blankets if they have a hard time jumping or if you feel they may chew on it.
Why does my dog need a collar while boarding?
- All dogs are required to have a buckle or snap collar for their safety. It allows the team to have something to get ahold of without having to grab the dog itself and they are easy to remove from the dog if needed. Martingales cannot be removed quickly, so they won’t be allowed. Prong and chain collars are not allowed and pose safety risks to the dog and the staff.
Do you have grooming services?
- Yes, we offer a range of spa services for our guests. We have luxurious baths, brush-outs, stylish haircuts, blueberry facials, and pawdicures just to name a few.